Keeping track of things such as servicing, gas fill-ups, mileage, car loan repayments etc. for your car is very important. A car service log book in this instance helps you to maintain the vehicle in a way that the manufacturers recommend because this organizes all the details in a single location.
- This is a record that maintains the dates of each servicing.
- Your mechanic can fill in details regarding the work done to your vehicle each time it is serviced.
- You will not be easily fooled into getting certain services or any expensive maintenance repeatedly since this information has already been recorded.
For e.g. you may be told to change the tires of your car much sooner than their lifetime. The log book will help you determine when this change needs to be done.
- When selling your car, you can show potential buyers this record to help them determine in the condition of your car. Remember, cars which have been maintained and serviced well will sell for higher rates than those that haven’t.
- Organizing these details in one will ensure that you won’t have to remember everything and will only have to look at this to figure out what you may need to get serviced next time.
- These logs will also let you know how much time is required for a particular service.
- Following the instructions in the log and sending the car in for service will keep it in good condition. Some manufacturers void your warranty if maintenance according to the log book isn’t followed.
© Copyright 2022 Eastern Suburbs Automotive